Many don’t really comprehend the basics of Android Database Integration. All they are fully aware is they love their new Android phone. For most people, Androids continue to be robots like from Star Wars which have incredible learning abilities and appear human but they are only a piece of equipment. So let us begin with a real meaning of the term:
Android is really a software stack for cellular devices. It offers an operating-system, middleware and key applications. It had been purchased by Google in 2005. The Android mobile operating-system is dependant on the Linux kernel. Google along with other people from the Open Handset Alliance labored on Android’s development and release. The Android Free Project (AOSP) is given the job of the constant maintenance and future growth and development of Android.
With a brand new and knowledge of the Android platform, we will be ready to dive into Android Database Integration. Let us start with the fundamentals. The Android platform provides an impressive set of features:
• Application framework enables reuse and substitute of components
• Integrated browser according to free WebKit engine
• Enhanced graphics operated by custom 2D graphics library, 3D graphics in line with the OpenGL ES 1. specs (hardware acceleration optional)
• Media support for common audio, video but still image formats (AMR, Digital, PNG, GIF, MPEG4, H.264, MP3, AAC)
• GSM Telephony (hardware dependent)
• SQLite for structured data storage
• Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, EDGE, 3G (hardware dependent)
• Gps navigation, compass, camera and accelerometer (hardware dependent)
• Dalvik virtual machine enhanced for cellular devices
• Wealthy development atmosphere features a device emulator, memory and gratifaction profiling, tools for debugging, along with a wordpress plugin for that Eclipse IDE
It is really an impressive list and the thought of Android database integration could be intimidating for many. A fast take a look at Android documentation could give you headache. There you will find articles like “Backwards Compatibility”, “Staying away from Memory Leaks”, and “Presenting GLSurfaceView”. Despite the fact that these topics are crucial to effective mobile development there might be a significantly simpler approach to take.
Numerous application development tools exist to assist the newcomer, or n00b for individuals who’re tech savvy. Superb mobile development frameworks that guide and direct the introduction of an application are actually available. The very best known of individuals may be the Corona SDK.